Indulging in delicious, flavor-packed dishes is one of life’s simple pleasures. If you are a fan of Asian cuisine, then this delicious Chilli Paneer recipe is for you! This popular Indo-Chinese dish effortlessly blends the goodness of paneer (Indian cheese) with a flavourful mix of spices and sauces to create a delightful culinary experience. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, this easy-to-follow recipe will have you making restaurant-style chili paneer in no time!
To get started, gather the following materials:
250 grams cottage cheese (thickened)
1 large green capsicum, cut into pieces
1 large onion, cut into pieces
3-4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
2-3 green chilies (cut lengthwise, adjust according to your spice)
2 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp flour
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon chili sauce (adjust according to spice tolerance)
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 cup spring onions (green parts, chopped)
2 tbsp cooking oil
salt to taste
- Cut the paneer into small sized cubes and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, and a pinch of salt.
- Make a smooth batter by adding water little by little, so that no lumps remain.
- Dip the paneer pieces evenly in the batter.
- In a pan or wok, heat the oil to a medium-high temperature.
- Fry the paneer pieces till they become golden brown and crisp.
- Remove the fried paneer and keep it on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
Preparing the Sauce:
- In the same pan add about one tablespoon of oil and heat it.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies. Fry for a minute till their aroma goes out.
- Add chopped onions and capsicum and fry them on high flame while stirring for a few minutes till they become little soft and crispy.
Preparing Chilli Paneer Sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chili sauce, vinegar, black pepper powder, sugar, and salt to taste.
- Pour this sauce over the fried vegetables and mix well, allowing the flavors to meld.
Cheese and Sauce Mixture:
- Gently toss the fried paneer pieces into the sauce and vegetable mixture.
- Mix everything together, making sure the sauce coats the cheese and vegetables evenly.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions for extra freshness and crunch.
- Serve hot and enjoy the delightful mix of flavors and textures that Chilli Paneer brings to your table!
Congratulations! You have successfully mastered the art of preparing Chilli Paneer, a dish that will surely make your taste buds dance with joy. This versatile recipe can be served as an appetizer, side dish or even as a main course, combined with boiled rice or noodles.
Experiment with spice levels and ingredients to suit your tastes, and watch this delightful Indo-Chinese creation become a family favorite! So, don the role of your chef and treat yourself and your loved ones to a delightful symphony of flavors in this beloved Chilli Paneer recipe. Happy Cooking!