Skip to content
Pulao, a beloved Indian rice dish, is known for its aromatic aroma and flavourful taste. Among the myriad varieties of pulao, paneer pulao stands out as a delicious vegetarian option that perfectly balances the richness of paneer (cottage cheese) with aromatic basmati rice and an array of spices. This delicious recipe is not only easy to make but is also guaranteed to impress your family and friends with its delicious taste. Let us learn the step by step guide to prepare this delicious paneer pulao.
For paneer casserole you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup basmati rice (washed and soaked for 30 minutes)
200 grams paneer, in cubes
1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
1/4 cup green beans, chopped
2-3 green chillies, slit (adjust as per your spice preference)
4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 inch ginger, grated
1/4 cup plain yogurt (yogurt)
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped for garnish
Ghee (clarified butter) or two tablespoons of vegetable oil
Whole spices: 1 bay leaf, 4-5 cloves, 2-3 green cardamom,1 inch cinnamon stick
Ground spices: 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chili powder (as per your taste), salt as per taste
- Heat ghee or oil in a heavy bottomed vessel or pressure cooker on medium heat.
- Add all the spices – bay leaves, cloves, green cardamom and cinnamon. Fry for a minute till their aroma goes out.
Add chopped onions to it and fry till golden brown. Then, add minced garlic and grated ginger, continue to fry for another minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chillies and cook till tomatoes become soft and oil starts separating.
Now add chopped paneer, green peas, chopped carrots and chopped beans to it. Stir fry for a few minutes to sprinkle spices on the paneer and vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, whisk plain yogurt with cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Pour this mixture over the paneer and vegetables, tossing well to make sure everything is evenly coated.
Sieve the soaked basmati rice and add it to the pot, gently mixing it with the paneer and vegetables.
Once the paneer pulao is ready, keep it covered for a few minutes before flattening it gently with a fork.
- Garnish the paneer pulao with chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves for freshness and aroma.
Paneer Pulao is a delightful medley of flavors that brings together the richness of paneer with aromatic basmati rice and a variety of spices. This vegetarian dish is perfect for lunch or dinner and is sure to be a hit at family gatherings or special occasions. So, why not treat yourself and your loved ones to this delicious Paneer Pulao today? enjoy!